What is an olive burger?
I love a good burger well done on the grill. I was looking to grill before winter sets in. I found the perfect burger to try this weekend. Introducing the olive burger! The burger is native to Michigan state. It is a standard burger with a mixture of pitted green olives in mayonnaise. Brillant, I love olives. What a combo!
The olive burger is an American burger variety originating from Michigan. It’s made with a combination of ground beef, oil, white buns, mayonnaise, and pitted green olives. In order to prepare it, the meat patties are fried, topped with a mixture of olives and mayonnaise, then placed in a burger bun with no other condiments.
Where can I get an olive burger?
It will be a long haul if you want to try an olive burger. The epicenter of this unique burger can be found in Lansing, the capital city of Michigan. While Lansing restaurants have had olive burgers on the menu for decades, there’s no true consensus on the origin of the delicacy. The olive burger has become a Lansing staple, cropping up on the menus at dive bars and trendy eateries alike. If you are not in the vicinity, no worries, the recipe is quite simple.
Make your own olive burger
- Hamburger patties
- Hamburger buns
- Seasoning salt
- 1/4 Cup mayo
- 1/2 Cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 1 Tablespoon of olive juice
- Cook your burgers as you normally would, but sprinkle a little seasoning salt on each side.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sliced olives, mayo, and olive juice and mix with a spatula.
- Open a hamburger bun, place a cooked hamburger patty on top of the bottom bun, scoop 3 tablespoons of the olive mixture on top, and place the top bun on top.
- Enjoy with a side of chips or homemade fries.