PepsiCo is set to unveil its latest campaign this week, premiering during the exhilarating NFL Wild Card matches, as it proudly introduces the world to the enticing new flavor of Pepsi Wild Cherry. The campaign strategically aligns itself with the dynamic and high-energy atmosphere of NFL Wild Card matches, ensuring that viewers are not only entertained by the sporting spectacle but also immersed in the exciting world of Pepsi Wild Cherry. Get ready to witness the fusion of taste and excitement as PepsiCo brings forth this enticing beverage during one of the most thrilling sporting events of the season.
Pepsi Wild Cherry and Pepsi Wild Cherry Zero Sugar evoke the untamed spirit within individuals, manifesting as instances of unrestrained indulgence that artfully navigate the delicate equilibrium between the earnest and carefree aspects of contemporary adulthood. Whether one chooses to embark on a solitary Friday night marathon of binge-watching, partake in a vivacious living room dance extravaganza with the family, or kick-start an evening with friends in style, the allure of Pepsi Wild Cherry beckons everyone to embrace their adventurous inclinations and savor life’s unrestrained moments.
The campaign was directed by filmmaker and comedian Kate Hollowell of Epoch Films, a women-owned global production company. Hollowell, recently shortlisted for the Cannes Young Director Award is a rising industry star, with a short film premiering at Sundance ’24. She is known for her work in music videos, commercials and short films across the world.
The two spots are available today for viewing on the brand’s YouTube channel:
- #1 Fan: The spot playfully portrays a young dad who is eager to take his die-hard passion for sports to a new playing field: a youth flag football game. While the game might not be played in front of 80,000 roaring fans, this dad brings the noise and goes all out for his kid as he cracks open an ice-cold can of Pepsi Wild Cherry while “Eye of the Tiger” performed by Survivor, courtesy of Rude Music Inc., blares in the background.
- Nursery Rhymez: For those out there parenting, it’s easy to recall your ‘wilder’ times when weekends involved hitting the town, filled with chart-topping music playing throughout the night. The young mom in this spot is no different as she is inspired by the taste of Pepsi Wild Cherry to try out Lil Jon and The East Side Boyz’ yesteryear hit “Get Low” while rocking her baby to sleep.
Getting ‘wild’ looks a little different for millennials as they settle into their “adulting” roles, and many take to social media to share how while they may have challenges, they are also not giving up their ‘wild’ side. Ahead of Wild Card Weekend, Pepsi Wild Cherry is encouraging everyone who is still figuring out adulting without compromising their ‘wilder’ side to celebrate what their new ‘wild’ looks like through a suite of engaging marketing activations, in addition to the new spots. A snapshot of the activations includes:
- Pepsi Wild Cherry Giveaway: Pepsi will offer fans free Pepsi Wild Cherry for a chance to get a little wild. Beginning at NFL’s Wild Card Weekend and running through Super Bowl weekend, fans can text “WILDCHERRY” to 81234 to get Pepsi Wild Cherry on us. Message and data rates may apply.
- Wild Cherry Wild Weekend via Retail: Beginning on December 31, fans can purchase a Pepsi Wild Cherry and scan the code on displays at participating retailers for a chance to win tickets to 2025 NFL Wild Card Weekend games, including travel and stay. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void Where Prohibited. US/DC 18+.
- Wild Media Takeover: Significant investment in multiple digital media platforms across TikTok, Snapchat, Spotify, Barstool Sports, Betches and more as well as broadcast media platforms.