Loaded with recipes for Texas chili, Cincinnati chili, chili verde, and more
I am surprised it took this long to release a chili cookbook inspired by the famous The Office classic chili fumble scene. Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin on the show, has just announced that he’ll be releasing a new chili cookbook on September 13. Brian is a New York Times best-selling author and podcaster who has branched out famously on his own since the show was canceled.
Seriously Good Chili Cookbook, the book features an impressive 177 chili recipes.
The book showcases Brian’s love of chili as well as his sense of humor. Filled with fun facts and Brian’s funny anecdotes, this is not your average chili cookbook! A barbecue master and chili aficionado in his own right, Baumgartner is passionate about making the perfect pot of chili.
He’s also enthusiastic about including some of the best chili chefs from across the globe in his new book— from restaurant owners, chili cook-off winners, his dedicated fans, and more! Readers will also enjoy a foreword from friend and castmate Oscar Nunez.
Each section showcases specific styles of chili — from Texas chili and Cincinnati chili to turkey chili, chili verde, vegetarian, and other regional and international variations.
What’s inside Seriously Good Chili Cookbook:
- 177 best-of chili recipes hand-picked by Brian Baumgartner and contributed by celebrities, social media influencers, famous chefs, restaurant owners, Brian himself, and his fans
- 50 World Champion Chili Cook-Off winning recipes spanning from 1967 to the present day
- A behind-the-scenes look at the infamous 60-second chili scene that went down in TV history and made Brian a chili icon
- Fascinating details on the incredibly rich history of chili
- Recipe conversions and a hot pepper heat scale chart
- Brian’s very own savory and Seriously Good chili recipe that he has perfected over years of trial and error, plus step-by-step video instruction with a QR code
- Brian’s expert cooking tips and QR codes to gain exclusive access to video cooking tutorials
- A foreword by fellow The Office co-star, Oscar Nuñez
- BONUS recipe! The official “Kevin’s Famous Chili” recipe from The Office—sans carpet
Brian Baumgartner became a household name as one of Dunder Mifflin’s accountants “Kevin Malone” on NBC’s Emmy-winning TV series, The Office. Just like his fictional character, Brian is equally passionate about chili. Brian continues his partnership with BUSH’S Beans as an official spokesperson for the company, who also takes chili seriously. Additionally, Brian was invited by the International Chili Society to be one of their World Championship Chili Cook-Off judges in 2021. Seriously Good Chili Cookbook is Brian’s first published cookbook that reflects his deep-rooted love for this classic comfort food, features his very own “Perfect Pot of Chili” recipe, and contains the world’s best chili recipes contributed by celebrity chefs, restaurant owners, industry leaders, and chili cook-off champions. Brian is also a New York Times best-selling author of his latest book, Welcome to Dunder Mifflin, as well as host of the hit podcasts, The Office Deep Dive with Brian Baumgartner and Off The Beat with Brian Baumgartner.